In Path of Exile, the changes to abyss so that it has integrated has improved abyss massively as a mechanic. While it retains the objective purpose of breach, to give you a fuck-ton of shit to kill, I personally find it more interesting and engaging than breach.
There’s a chance that you’ll get a cool dungeon and some very cool crafting bases which makes it more interesting.
However in abyss I think one of the main problems was that things like stygian vises were just too common, it felt awful sifting through so many of them, iding and dropping, but now that they are rarer in integration, picking them up is a joy and very useful.
I really think abyss is in a really good spot with these integration changes, and personally I’m more excited to see them than breaches, let’s take a look at other collectors of poe orbs view:
1. I died once on a one shot with my EA 10k HP to one of those fuckers in a non-damage moded t14, just the mob mods itself was enough to LUL my character.
2. I have gotten crit for around 11k before mitigation by those things in one damage mod tier 10 map. Lucky I had 25% additional physical damage reduction against abyssal monsters from jewels.
3. That move has a lot of windup and locks in its angle early, so unless the screen is super packed it’s not too hard to move in time.
4. First depths I got a lich and a 2 socket helm with perfect rolls, I’m pretty sure I’ve killed more liches this league than I did in the same amount of time in the actual abyss league.
5. I agree, it’s so nice that they made some minor changes to Abysses that made a world of difference once the league was pretty much dead and over like every other league that they only finally fix after it’s too late.
6. Back in abyss, abysses felt more like a chore, and I’d skip them if they went backwards. Now it’s actually really fun getting them. Got a decent stygian vise the other day which wouldn’t have been worth anything prev league, and sold it for 1.5ex.
What’s your opinions? If you do not want to lag behind others due to lack of orbs, you can buy chaos orbs on U4GM.